Protect Yourself Against the Cold and Flu…
Boost Your Immunity Naturally Without a Flu Shot
Vitamin D Therapy Protocol
I Recommend this protocol as a safe alternative to the flu vaccination. It also works very well for those with active viral and bacterial infections. You can use this protocol at the first sign of the flu or as a prophylactic natural flu shot. If using in this way, I recommend taking your first regimen the first week of school followed by a second regimen in mid December. You should consider seeing your doctor to have your 25 OH D levels (a simple blood test) measured as well.
This therapy has been used for years by doctors in Europe for many years and is very safe. However; it iscontraindicated in patients with kidney disease, sarcoidosis, or high blood calcium levels. If you have a kidney disease or abnormally high blood calcium, you should contact your doctor before attempting this therapy.
I recommend using 50,000 IU dose capsules. You can acquire them here. For children and those who have difficulty with pills, liquid vitamin D drops are available here.
For adults that weigh 150 pounds or more
- Take 150,000 IU per day for three days. Afterwards, reduce to 100,000 IU per day for three days. Then lower the dose to 50,000 IU per day for three days and discontinue.
- 150,000 IU/day for 3 days followed by…
- 100,000 IU/day for 3 days followed…
For Adults under 150 pounds and for Children
- Start with 1,000 IU of vitamin D per pound of body weight for three days. Afterward reduce by half for three days. For example: A 100 pound person would take 2 (50,000 IU) capsules for three days followed by 1 (50,000 IU) capsule for three days.
For Infants (0-1 year of age)
- Infants should not need to supplement with vitamin D provided they are being breast fed. The mother should perform the vitamin D therapy to enhance the vitamin D content of her breast milk. If the infant is being formula fed he/she should receive 1,000 IU of vitamin D daily for maintenance. High dose vitamin D therapy is not recommended for infants.